Skip to main content

Shrimp Fettuccine Casserole and Quick and Easy Focaccia Bread

 Shrimp Fettuccine Casserole

This was really good - a big hit with everyone! 
Logan said it was as good as a dish from Macaroni Grill!  
I’ll definitely make it again! 
This made just about the right amount for the four of us. The guys did have seconds. 
You'll want to double it for a larger group and bake it in a 9x13-inch dish.

Quick and Easy Focaccia Bread

I had picked up a package of ciabatta rolls today to go with the casserole, but when I opened the bag tonight, they were molded. Don't you just hate it when that happens?! Of course I didn't discover the problem until I was ready to bake them. I grabbed a can of pizza dough from the fridge, whisked together a bit of olive oil, a couple of crushed garlic cloves and some dried parsley. I slathered this over the dough, which I had pressed onto a cookie sheet. I sprinkled the whole thing down with a handful of Asiago and Parmesan cheese. Presto - quick and easy focaccia bread!

Shrimp Fettuccine Casserole

1 (8-ounce) package fettuccine
4 tablespoons butter
4 tablespoons flour
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup milk, cream or half-and-half
1 cup grated Swiss cheese
salt, white pepper and Cajun seasoning, to taste
2 cups sliced mushrooms, sauteed (You could use canned.)
1 pound shrimp, peeled and cooked (I used the frozen, fully cooked kind in a bag. I just barely let them thaw, since they were going to be baked. Shrimp gets really tough when it's over cooked. Letting the shrimp just thaw worked perfectly! The shrimp were really tender and juicy!)
1/2 cup Parmesan or Asiago cheese
1/2 cup slivered almonds

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
Cook noodles and drain.
While noodles are cooking, melt butter in a sauce pan. Whisk in flour and cook for 2 minutes. Blend in broth and cream. Cook over low heat until thickened, stirring constantly.
Add cheese, salt, pepper and Cajun seasoning. Heat and stir until cheese is melted.
Add mushrooms and remove sauce from heat.
Add shrimp to sauce. Then add noodles. Toss gently until noodles are coated with sauce.
Spoon mixture into prepared dish.
Sprinkle with Asiago and/or Parmesan cheese and slivered almonds.
Bake until hot and bubbly, about 15 minutes.
Broil for a few minutes to brown.

Find more great recipes today at Tempt My Tummy!

Comments

  1. ms connie, i started the diet yesterday...pray for me

    ReplyDelete
  2. That shrimp Fettuccini looks really good, but I too am dieting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My stomach is growling and I just ate lunch. This looks incredible and I can almost taste it! I should make this for our last no-meat Friday this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Focaccia!
    You did a very good job with yours- it looks so good!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing! I love comments!

Popular posts from this blog

Georgia Cornbread Cake

I clipped this recipe several years ago from American Profile, which is a small magazine insert that come with our local newspaper, The Pontotoc Progress. It is yummy, yummy, yummy!  I love the story that accompanied the recipe and was delighted when a Google searched turned up the same article on the web! Larry took this to work, and he said it was a huge hit with everyone! Enjoy! Georgia Cornbread Cake Georgia Cornbread Cake   Recipe of Stella T. Thompson from American Profile "I am 86 years old and have been cooking since I was 9. This recipe has been in my family for many years. The ground pecans give it the texture of cornbread, but there isn’t any cornmeal in it." 1 cup sugar 1 cup brown sugar 4 eggs, beaten 1 cup vegetable oil 1 and 1/2 cups self-rising flour 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 2 cups pecans, chopped very fine Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease and flour a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Stir together sugar, brown sugar, eggs and oil in a medium bowl un

Dough Burgers

  Dough Burgers Dough burgers are popular in our neck of the woods. Phillips Grocery in Oxford has received national acclaim for their top-secret-recipe dough burger. I ate two while I was staying at the hospital with my dad recently! It is the nearest restaurant!  When Larry and I were newlyweds and living in New Albany, we loved going to Latham’s for their yummy version of this delicious sandwich. Several other area cities also offer well-known versions of this unique burger. Tupelo’s Johnny’s Drive-In has the "Johnnieburger," and Corinth even has a festival named in honor of their dough burger, affectionately known as “The Slugburger.” Here in our own dear Pontotoc, we love the "Wonderburger" at Butcher Block! Dough burgers supposedly originated during the Great Depression. Adding flour was a great way to stretch hamburger meat. While possibly born out of necessity, it has remained a part of the Southern diet due to its delectable taste. I’ve eaten my share

Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup Substitute - Regular and Reduced-Fat Versions

Although very convenient, commercially prepared condensed soups are expensive and may contain additives and ingredients you'd prefer to skip. You can use these condensed soup substitutes in dishes instead of commercially prepared condensed soups. These homemade substitutes are very easy and quick to make! They taste much better, too. I have almost stopped purchasing the canned versions. Using heart-healthy butter spreads, low-fat or fat-free milk, and low-sodium broth allows you to make these recipes more healthful. You can customize with these simple recipes by adding other seasonings such as garlic powder, celery salt, onion powder, etc. Condensed Cream of Celery Soup Condensed Cream of Chicken Substitute Condensed Cream of Mushroom Substitute Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup Substitute 3 tablespoons butter 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour 1 cup milk 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese salt, to taste Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat; add flour and whisk until s