2/21/10

Sausage and Cheese Biscuit Cups

We had a wonderful time of fellowship, prayer and discussion in Sunday school this morning. One of the topics reminded me of two quotes, which often come to my mind:

“I've learned that people will forget what you said,
people will forget what you did,
but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
~ Maya Angelou

"Three things in human life are important.
The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind.
And the third is to be kind."
~ Henry James

The Bible sums it up this way:
Treat others as you want them to treat you.
Matthew 7:12

Would that I would keep these thoughts in the forefront of my mind at all times!
I can possibly help others have a nicer day, and
I always feel better myself when I show kindness to others.

Sausage and Cheese Biscuit Cups

Sausage and Cheese Biscuit Cups

What to make for Sunday school this morning? Since I procrastinated about going to the grocery store all week-end, I was limited on my choices. I was out of baking mix, butter, and milk. I did find 2 cans of refrigerated biscuits, some cheeses and eggs. I pulled a package of my pre-cooked sausage from the freezer and made these little biscuit cups. Since I only have two standard size muffin pans, I made a combination of mini and standard size muffins.

2 (10-count) tubes refrigerated flaky biscuits
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 pound ground sausage, browned and drained
4  tablespoons Asiago or Parmesan cheese, grated
2 eggs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Coat muffin tins with cooking spray.
Divide each biscuit into 2 layers.
Press each layer into a muffin cup.
Combine remaining ingredients.
Spoon a tablespoon of sausage mixture into biscuit-lined muffin cups.
Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.

If using mini muffin tins, separate biscuit dough into three layers. Fill with 1 teaspoon of sausage mixture. Bake for about 10 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! I'll be trying these. And they are so easy too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been serving these for several years, using ground venison and cheddar, and ham with broccoli and cheddar, my kids like pepperoni and mozzarella.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing! I love comments!