11/5/09

Sweet Potato Bread

I made this bread this afternoon. I poured part of the batter into this Bundt pan to share with a friend. I poured the rest into a loaf pan. I thought it tasted pretty good, especially the nuts! We had a slice of this with our supper instead of the planned Fried Apples.


 Sweet Potato Bread

Sweet Potato Bread


1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup butter, melted
4 eggs
3 1/2 cups sifted flour
3 cups sugar
2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon
2/3 cup water
2 cups cooked sweet potatoes (I used a 16 ounce can.)
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)

Preheat oven to 350°F.

In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine eggs, oil, and melted butter. Beat for 45 seconds. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.

Whisk together dry ingredients and add to egg mixture, alternately with water. Stir in sweet potatoes, vanilla and chopped nuts, if using.

Transfer batter into 3 buttered and floured loaf pans.
Bake at 350°F for about 60 minutes or until done.

Yield: 2 - 3 loaves, depending on pan size.

More great recipes at Foodie Friday!

6 comments:

  1. I just used part of my sweet potato in a stew but wondered what to make with the rest of it. Bingo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may get Kaelan to help me make this recipe this afternoon with the sweet potatoes that need to be cooked soon.

    Have a great Friay! I am looking forward to NOT leaving my home today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds good. I thought it was a cake! I love the plate you have it on.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a wonderful tea bread and it's so easy to throw in a few extra "sweets" to make it. Thanks for sharing it with us. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks wonderful. I love your bundt pan, it leaves a beautiful design.
    Geri

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bread looks very nice. I love sweet potatoes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing! I love comments!