I finally made the Shrimp Scampi Pizza! Logan and I loved it! Larry and M.C. liked it, but they want me to cut back a bit on the garlic and parsley next time. It was really easy to make! If you like shrimp scampi, you should definitely give it a try!
Shrimp Scampi Pizza
Recipe inspired by one I found at:
1 Pillsbury Refrigerated Pizza Dough
1 pound frozen, fully-cooked shrimp, thawed and tails removed
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
1 pinch red chili pepper flakes (optional)
1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
4 cloves garlic (chopped)
1/4 cup chicken broth
1 lemon (juice and zest)
1 tablespoon butter
2 cups mozzarella (grated)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Pat pizza dough into baking pan, prick dough all over with a fork and bake until just beginning to brown.
While crust is baking, prepare topping:
1. Heat the oil and melt the butter in a pan.
2. Add the red chili pepper flakes, parsley flakes and garlic; sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
3. Add the shrimp and sauté until heated through. (With pre-cooked shrimp this will just be a minute or so. Don’t over cook!)
4. Remove the shrimp from the pan.
5. Add the broth and lemon juice; bring to a boil.
6. Simmer the liquid until reduced by about half, about 3-5 minutes.
7. Add the butter, wait for it to melt and turn off the heat.
8. Pour the mixture onto the pizza crust, add the shrimp and top with the mozzarella cheese.
9. Bake until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
For more great recipes, visit