Skip to main content

Review and Recipe: Connie's Rotel Chicken Lasagna and New York Brand Old World Ciabatta Cheese Rolls

Connie's Rotel Chicken Lasagna
and New York Brand Old World Ciabatta Cheese Rolls


The Rotel Chicken Lasagna was a hit with my guys! It's chicken spaghetti-like, but different, too! We think it's one of my better attempts at creating an original dish. It's always hit and miss with me!

This will cut into pieces better if you let it "rest" about 10 - 15 minutes before cutting it. We were in a hurry, so I just cut it while it was piping hot. I cut a piece a bit later for Larry's dad, and it cut really well. Dude usually loves rotel anything, so I'm hoping he likes this dish, too! He will let me know! ;)

I did alter my original recipe. I used an entire 15 oz. container of ricotta cheese. I boiled 5 lbs. of chicken today, so I had lots of fresh broth. I used a cup of this broth in place of the water. I also had a good deal of shredded cheddar cheese on hand, so I used it instead of the Velveeta. If you try it with Velveeta, let me know how it turns out! I have made the changes in the re-post of this recipe below and in the original post. If you try it, let me know how you like it. If you can think of ways to improve it, I'd love to hear those ideas, too!

New York Brand Old World Ciabatta Cheese Rolls

The bread is a new variety from New York Brand. Right now there is a $0.55 coupon on the box, so it's a great time to give this bread a try. We all really liked it - a lot!! There's 6 pieces in a box.

Re-post of tonight's recipes:

Connie’s Rotel Chicken Lasagna

Connie’s Rotel Chicken Lasagna

1 (15 oz.) container ricotta cheese
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 can condensed cream of cheddar soup
1 can Rotel tomatoes
2 - 3 c. cooked chicken or turkey, chopped
2 cups shredded Velveeta or cheddar cheese
8 lasagna noodles
2/3 - 1 c. boiling water or chicken broth
2 cups shredded Italian-blend cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.

Combine ricotta cheese, cream cheese, soup, Rotel tomatoes and chicken.

Place a very thin layer of the chicken/cheese mixture in bottom of baking dish. Top with four of the uncooked lasagna noodles.

Spoon 1/2 of the chicken/cheese mixture over noodles. Sprinkle with the shredded Velveeta.

Add another layer of noodles. Top with the remaining cheese mixture. Sprinkle with remaining Velveeta.

Slowly pour boiling water into dish, around the edges. Cover tightly with foil.

Bake for about an hour. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with Italian-blend cheese. Return to oven long enough to melt cheese. Remove from oven and allow to cool a bit before cutting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup Substitute - Regular and Reduced-Fat Versions

Although very convenient, commercially prepared condensed soups are expensive and may contain additives and ingredients you'd prefer to skip. You can use these condensed soup substitutes in dishes instead of commercially prepared condensed soups. These homemade substitutes are very easy and quick to make! They taste much better, too. I have almost stopped purchasing the canned versions. Using heart-healthy butter spreads, low-fat or fat-free milk, and low-sodium broth allows you to make these recipes more healthful. You can customize with these simple recipes by adding other seasonings such as garlic powder, celery salt, onion powder, etc. Condensed Cream of Celery Soup Condensed Cream of Chicken Substitute Condensed Cream of Mushroom Substitute Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup Substitute 3 tablespoons butter 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour 1 cup milk 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese salt, to taste Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat; add flour and whisk until s

Georgia Cornbread Cake

I clipped this recipe several years ago from American Profile, which is a small magazine insert that come with our local newspaper, The Pontotoc Progress. It is yummy, yummy, yummy!  I love the story that accompanied the recipe and was delighted when a Google searched turned up the same article on the web! Larry took this to work, and he said it was a huge hit with everyone! Enjoy! Georgia Cornbread Cake Georgia Cornbread Cake   Recipe of Stella T. Thompson from American Profile "I am 86 years old and have been cooking since I was 9. This recipe has been in my family for many years. The ground pecans give it the texture of cornbread, but there isn’t any cornmeal in it." 1 cup sugar 1 cup brown sugar 4 eggs, beaten 1 cup vegetable oil 1 and 1/2 cups self-rising flour 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 2 cups pecans, chopped very fine Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease and flour a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Stir together sugar, brown sugar, eggs and oil in a medium bowl un

Dough Burgers

  Dough Burgers Dough burgers are popular in our neck of the woods. Phillips Grocery in Oxford has received national acclaim for their top-secret-recipe dough burger. I ate two while I was staying at the hospital with my dad recently! It is the nearest restaurant!  When Larry and I were newlyweds and living in New Albany, we loved going to Latham’s for their yummy version of this delicious sandwich. Several other area cities also offer well-known versions of this unique burger. Tupelo’s Johnny’s Drive-In has the "Johnnieburger," and Corinth even has a festival named in honor of their dough burger, affectionately known as “The Slugburger.” Here in our own dear Pontotoc, we love the "Wonderburger" at Butcher Block! Dough burgers supposedly originated during the Great Depression. Adding flour was a great way to stretch hamburger meat. While possibly born out of necessity, it has remained a part of the Southern diet due to its delectable taste. I’ve eaten my share