Skip to main content

Creamy Italian Chicken, Easy Ranch Caesar, Garlic Bread and 4-Minute Brownie Pie

Creamy Italian Chicken, Easy Ranch Caesar and Garlic Bread


Like all of Roan's other recipes we've tried, we loved the Creamy Italian Chicken! I like that we have the directions for cooking it in a crock pot, and it worked really well using the directions I gave for making it with pre-cooked, chopped chicken from the freezer. I love options, and both of these are real time savers! For more great Crock Pot recipes, visit Debbie at:

http://diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com/2009/07/my-letter-to-jim.html

This made a large dish full!! We all had a nice serving. I made a plate for Dude, Aunt Jean, and for Larry's lunch tomorrow. There's still enough for the mine and the kids' lunch tomorrow, too!!

The salad was a hit, also. We're all big fans of ranch dressing. I made ours with 3/4 cup light mayo and 1/4 cup real. I used skim milk. It made about three cups of dressing. I placed one cup in a little plastic measuring pitcher I got last week at Wal-mart for $1.50. It worked really well with the vinaigrette dressing from last week. I put the other two cups of dressing in a pint canning jar with a plastic lid from a mayo jar. I used a piece of Scotch tape to make a label on the lid. When the dressing is gone, I'll remove the tape and have the lid for the next use.

I also threw together a 4-Minute Brownie Pie. It's quick and uses ingredients we all usually have on hand.


Here's a re-post of tonight's recipes along with the recipe for 4 Minute Brownie Pie.

Monday - Creamy Italian Chicken, Easy Ranch Caesar and Garlic Bread


Creamy Italian Chicken

This recipe was inspired by one I found on my friend Roan’s blog, Joyful Always. Roan gives the instructions for using the crock pot for this recipe. I’ve added notes on how I will prepare this, using my pre-cooked, shredded chicken from the freezer.

4-6 frozen chicken breasts
1 package dry Italian salad dressing mix
1 can chicken broth
8 oz. cream cheese, cubed
12-16 oz. pasta (I use angel hair because it cooks quickly. ~ Roan)

Place chicken in crock pot* and sprinkle dry mix on top. Add the can of broth and cook on high for 4 hours.
Add the cubed cream cheese, shred the chicken a little with two forks or some scissors, and stir well. Continue to cook for 30 minutes or until cream cheese is melted. Stir. While the cream cheese is melting, cook the pasta. You can either spoon the chicken and sauce on each plate of pasta, or mix the whole thing together in a big bowl (or the pot you cooked the pasta in). Enjoy!

*Since my chicken is already cooked, I will put my packet of frozen shredded chicken in a sauce pan, sprinkle it with seasoning packet and add broth. I will allow this to come to a boil. I will reduce the temp and allow this to simmer a bit. I will then add cubed cream cheese and allow it to melt and serve mixture over pasta.



Salad Dressing for Easy Ranch Caesar Salad

Easy Ranch Caesar Salad


Mix well:

1 pint Hellmann's Mayonnaise
1 package dry Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing
2/3 cup Parmesan cheese
1 cup milk*
Fresh ground pepper, to taste
a bit of anchovy paste, optional

If possible, refrigerate dressing for an hour or so before using.

Shred 1 head of lettuce into bite-sized pieces. Sprinkle with crushed croutons. Pour on dressing. Toss salad and serve immediately.

*If you like a thinner dressing, add a bit more milk.



4- Minute Brownie Pie


4-Minute Brownie Pie


This is good served with ice cream. It would be great with chocolate syrup and additional nuts on the ice cream, too. We just didn't need the calories.

2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup flour
4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease 8-inch pie pan.

Place eggs, sugar, butter, flour, cocoa, vanilla, and salt in small mixer bow.
Beat 4 minutes. Stir in nuts and pour into pan.
Bake for 30 minutes, or until done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Georgia Cornbread Cake

I clipped this recipe several years ago from American Profile, which is a small magazine insert that come with our local newspaper, The Pontotoc Progress. It is yummy, yummy, yummy!  I love the story that accompanied the recipe and was delighted when a Google searched turned up the same article on the web! Larry took this to work, and he said it was a huge hit with everyone! Enjoy! Georgia Cornbread Cake Georgia Cornbread Cake   Recipe of Stella T. Thompson from American Profile "I am 86 years old and have been cooking since I was 9. This recipe has been in my family for many years. The ground pecans give it the texture of cornbread, but there isn’t any cornmeal in it." 1 cup sugar 1 cup brown sugar 4 eggs, beaten 1 cup vegetable oil 1 and 1/2 cups self-rising flour 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 2 cups pecans, chopped very fine Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease and flour a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Stir together sugar, brown sugar, eggs and oil in a medium bowl un

Dough Burgers

  Dough Burgers Dough burgers are popular in our neck of the woods. Phillips Grocery in Oxford has received national acclaim for their top-secret-recipe dough burger. I ate two while I was staying at the hospital with my dad recently! It is the nearest restaurant!  When Larry and I were newlyweds and living in New Albany, we loved going to Latham’s for their yummy version of this delicious sandwich. Several other area cities also offer well-known versions of this unique burger. Tupelo’s Johnny’s Drive-In has the "Johnnieburger," and Corinth even has a festival named in honor of their dough burger, affectionately known as “The Slugburger.” Here in our own dear Pontotoc, we love the "Wonderburger" at Butcher Block! Dough burgers supposedly originated during the Great Depression. Adding flour was a great way to stretch hamburger meat. While possibly born out of necessity, it has remained a part of the Southern diet due to its delectable taste. I’ve eaten my share

Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup Substitute - Regular and Reduced-Fat Versions

Although very convenient, commercially prepared condensed soups are expensive and may contain additives and ingredients you'd prefer to skip. You can use these condensed soup substitutes in dishes instead of commercially prepared condensed soups. These homemade substitutes are very easy and quick to make! They taste much better, too. I have almost stopped purchasing the canned versions. Using heart-healthy butter spreads, low-fat or fat-free milk, and low-sodium broth allows you to make these recipes more healthful. You can customize with these simple recipes by adding other seasonings such as garlic powder, celery salt, onion powder, etc. Condensed Cream of Celery Soup Condensed Cream of Chicken Substitute Condensed Cream of Mushroom Substitute Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup Substitute 3 tablespoons butter 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour 1 cup milk 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese salt, to taste Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat; add flour and whisk until s